In today's data-driven world, having a strong command of Excel is essential, and understanding the Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) formula language is the key to unlocking the true potential of Excel's Power Pivot and Data Model features.
This session is for intermediate Excel users who are already familiar with Pivot Tables, Power Pivot and the Data Model but are hungry for more.
We will delve deep into DAX, providing you with the essential knowledge and skills to manipulate data, perform advanced calculations, and gain valuable insights, making you a data superhero in your organization.
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Gain a solid understanding of the DAX formula language and its capabilities
- Learn how to manipulate text, perform lookups, and work with dates using DAX
- Distinguish between DAX Calculated Columns and Query Editor Calculated
- Columns and know when to use each
- Grasp the fundamentals of creating and using DAX Measures
- Master the crucial CALCULATE function and its role in DAX calculations
Who Will Benefit:
- Introduction to DAX
- Manipulating text with a Calculated Column
- Performing a Lookup with DAX
- Working with dates in DAX
- DAX Calculated Columns v Query Editor Calculated Columns
- Introduction to Measures
- The all-important CALCULATE function
- This training is aimed at users who are familiar with Power Pivot and The Data Model and who wish to take their knowledge and learning to the next stage