In this session, participants will learn how to visually represent your data using both traditional charts (bar charts, line charts etc.) as well as how to do the same using some of Excel's non-charting tools.
Why should you Attend:
Until a few years ago it was enough to take a set of numbers and create a bar chart or pie chart. Although in the right situation these traditional charts are still appropriate, things have moved on and we're constantly hearing words like Data Visualization and Infographic.
It's time to get your Excel-related business and communication skills up to date and learn how to use them to present data in the modern world.
Data visualization is the representation of numerical data in a visual format so that your audience can quickly and easily understand it and gain insight from it.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Charting 101 - create a basic chart
- From drab to fab - enhance and customize a basic chart
- Combination charts - line and bar in a single chart
- Dynamic charts - automate adding new data to a chart
- Creating in-cell Sparkline charts
- Creating infographics with Excel
- Using Conditional Formatting to present data visually
- 3D Map - presenting geographic data in a visual way
- An introduction to the Power View add-in
Who Will Benefit:
- Learn how to select the most appropriate chart to convey your message
- Learn how to create a chart from a set of data and change its appearance
- Learn how to create Sparkline charts (really useful in dashboards)
- Learn how to create infographic-style charts
- Learn how to represent data in a visual way without using the charting tools
- Accountants and CPAs
- CFOs and Financial Consultants
- Audit and Finance
- Marketing and Sales
- Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, FDA
- Human Resources
- Logistics and Supply Chain