Microsoft Excel has become the de facto spreadsheet application for business.
But do you sometimes feel like you have rows and rows of data and it's hard to make heads or tails of it? This class will help you learn how to manage databases in Excel and get the most out of them.
For 60 minutes, Excel expert Tom Fragale will lead you through a full array of powerful and easy-to-use database commands and methods critical to effectively working with Excel databases. In this webinar, you will learn how to improve your Excel database skills so that you can better summarize info-making better, more-informed business decisions.
Why should you Attend:
Learn how to manage databases in Excel with this webinar. Learn the tools that will help large amounts of data seem more manageable, and easier to sort through and analyze. Understand what functions work best with large tables, and how you can automate repetitive steps with simple macros. Become a master of working with databases in Excel.
You'll learn how to cleverly use standard Excel functions that could save you hours through to days of manual work.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Easy-to-use methods to build and manage your database
- Specialized database functions that simplify your job
- Techniques to sort and filter data in order to identify business trends
- Tips and tricks to validate your data and guarantee accuracy
Who Will Benefit:
- Create and use Excel tables, as well as add, edit, search for, and delete records in a data list using a form
- Use VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP to aggregate data from multiple tables
- Sort records in a data list using a variety of methods
- Filter data in a list using a variety of methods, as well as work with filtered data
- Create and work with subtotalled lists
- Use various database functions to summarize data
- Create, modify, and work with PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Slicers
- Import external data from a variety of sources into Excel
- How to import/export from/to Outlook and Excel
- Creating a Database in Excel
- Setting up a database or list in Excel, Navigating your database, and Data Validation.
- Data import and clean-up tools
- Sorting and Totalling - Sorting, Multi-level sorting, Auto-Filter, Advanced Filters.
- Business Owners
- CEO’s / CFO’s / CTO’s
- Managers of all levels
- Anybody who uses Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
- Office Workers