This course will cover the proper methodologies on conducting a HIPAA Risk Assessment based on the formula used by Federal auditors and via the guidelines of the NIST (National Institute of Standard for Technologies).
The course will also cover the most important aspects to be aware of in terms of the Federal auditing process as well as the new risks regarding patients suing for wrongful disclosures.
Why should you Attend:
- Have you done a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
- Do you know a risk assessment is the first thing the Feds will ask for in an audit?
- Is your risk assessment adequate?
- Do you have written policies in place for every single one of the implementation specifications of the HIPAA Security Rule (even ones that don't apply) - do you know this is required!!
I will show how to conduct a PROPER risk assessment point by point and how to also avoid scams in the market. We will also be discussing the absolute importance of doing a risk assessment and that this is the first thing the OCR will ask for. I will instruct the listeners on how to write proper policies and procedures which are to be based upon the findings of the risk assessment and how to word the policies to satisfy the Fed. We will also discuss the importance of having policies that are consistent with your procedures and also discuss the negative ramification of cookie-cutter templates in the eyes of the Fed.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Updates for 2022
- Policies and Procedures
- Business associates and the increased burden
- NIST based Risk Assessment
- Practice Managers
- MD's and other Medical Professionals
- Billing Companies
- Transcription Companies
- IT Companies
- Answering Services
- Home Health
- Any Business Associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals