Practicing medicine is not like other jobs that have a tradition of retirement at age 65. Physician shortages fuel support for physicians seeking to continue their careers indefinitely. Patient safety is paramount, but is it served by applying an age limit to medical staff membership and clinical privileges?
If so, what is the magic number?
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Can medical staffs and hospitals place restrictions on physicians based on age?
- Should hospitals and medical staffs place restrictions on physicians based on age?
- Can physicians sue, alleging discrimination and civil rights violations?
Who Will Benefit:
- Age Restrictions on Medical Staff membership and clinical privileges
- State Laws affecting physician age restrictions
- Federal laws affecting physician age restrictions
- Accreditation requirements related to age-based credentialing
- Implementation of age-based screening
- Eligibility for peer review protection
- Medical Staff President/Chief of Staff
- Bylaws Committee
- Credentialing Committee
- Chief Medical Officer
- Vice President of Medical Affairs
- Chief of Staff
- Director of Medical Staff
- Medical Staff Attorney
- Hospital Counsel
- Medical Staff Manager
- Credentialing Specialist
- Human Resources Professionals