Revolution is defined as a "drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving." Our healthcare system requires a health information technology (HIT) revolution, a drastic change in the way we deliver care by utilizing IT in new and innovative ways.
Revolutionary HIT requires a focus on three key areas:
Why should you attend:
- Processes and workflows
- Information technology tools
- Healthcare provider tasks, duties and responsibilities
As we move to value-based reimbursement models where price matters, linking quality to price becomes more important than ever. The passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) dramatically changed the healthcare marketplace and the economics driving it. No longer could provider organizations indiscriminately raise prices to increase revenue and cover their costs. The ACA sets rules strongly encouraging provider organizations to take on risk and deliver measurable quality of care.
IT offers a tool to better measure how care is delivered while offering way to directly manager the care.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Review the foundation of revolutionary HIT
- Understand the steps necessary to build a culture that supports revolutionary HIT
- Explore how to utilize revolutionary HIT concepts in their organizations
- Identify the benefits offered by utilizing HIT in these new and different ways