We will be discussing some of the changes taking place in Washington with the Health and Human Services in regard to the enforcement of the HIPAA laws already on the books. I will go over some of the new changes affecting covered entities and business associates. I will also be discussing factors that might cause an unwanted visit or letter from the Office of Civil Rights and how to prepare for the audit and deal with the Feds.
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- HIPAA NOW HAS TEETH! Be prepared!
- Protect your practice or business!
- What factors might spurn a HIPAA audit?
- Are you doing these things?
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
Who Will Benefit:
- Omnibus Rule
- What to look out for
- Why is the Fed enforcing so strictly now
- Risk Assessment - Importance
- What are factors that can get you audited
- Practice Managers
- Business Associates
- Home Health
- Medical Professionals