"Every Picture Tells a Story" is a popular saying which is true not only in everyday life but in Excel too. Behind every set of numerical data is a story waiting to be told. The telling of this story needs to be succinct, easy to understand, and engaging.
For most people, it's much easier to understand data, uncover important insights and make better decisions if that data is displayed in a visual way.
Data visualization is the representation of numerical data in a visual format so that your audience can quickly and easily understand it and gain insight from it.
This training covers how to visually represent your data using traditional charts (bar charts, line charts, etc.)
Why should you Attend:
- Learn how to select the most appropriate chart to convey your message
- Learn how to create a chart from a set of data and change its appearance
- Learn how to create infographic-style charts
- Learn how to integrate Excel charts with other applications such as Word and PowerPoint
Until a few years ago it was enough to take a set of numbers and with a couple of mouse clicks, create a basic chart. But things have moved on and now it's time to get your Excel-related business and communication skills up to date and learn how to use it to present data in the modern world.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Selecting the appropriate visual
- Creating a basic chart (bar, column, line, pie)
- Changing the chart type and data source
- Dynamic charts - automate adding new data to a chart
- From Drab to Fab - convert a basic chart into an eye-catching visual
- Fill the bars with images and shapes to create infographic-style charts
- Creating a chart from a pivot table - the gotchas
- Using Excel charts with other applications
- This training is categorized as introductory. It is aimed at users who have little or no knowledge of how to produce charts and represent data visually in Excel. Although the training will be delivered using the latest version of Excel, this training is relevant for users of Excel 2010 and above